Canon SX130IS is a 12-megapixel digital camera following the steps of the SX120IS previous model. The new camera boasts 12x optical zoom, 3-inch LCD monitor, an array of pre-programmed scenes and HD movie capture.
The lens features both wide-angle and telephoto capabilities offering 28-360mm focal length range. It is also equipped with optical image stabilization to avoid image blurring caused by camera shake in low light or at long zoom settings.
At the heart of the camera lies the Digic 4 image processing engine that provides for fast operation, accurate noise reduction and true-to life images with plenty of detail in then.
The SX130 IS offer point-and-shoot operation alongside with the possibility to control shutter speed and aperture value manually. There’s a Smart Auto feature that enables automatic shooting and makes the camera choose from 28 stored situations to match the scene being shot. At the same time, you can make use of 22 scene modes and select one of them manually.
The camera offer Face Detection to ensure easy capture of good portraits of your friends and family - with everyone in focus. There’s also a peculiar Fisheye Effect for still images to distort them in an artistic way and give a feel of DSLR fish-eye lens usage.
Canon PowerShot SX130 IS - Specifications:
- 12.4 Megapixels
- 1/2.3″ CCD Image Sensor
- 12x Optical Zoom
- Focal Length Equivalent: 28 - 336 mm
- Aperture Range: f/3.4 (W) - f/5.6 (T)
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Focus: Auto, Manual
- Macro Focus: 1 cm
- 3.0-inch LCD Screen with 230,000 pixels
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Sensitivity: ISO80 - 3200
- Shutter Speed: 15 - 1/2500
- Metering Modes: Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot (spot metering at center), Face Detect AE
- Advanced Smart Auto Mode
- 22 Pre-Set Scene Modes
- Full Manual Controls
- Continuous-mode: 1.0 frames/second
- Movie Mode: 1280×720p at 30 fps
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards
- Power Source: 2 AA Batteries
- Size: 4.4 x 2.9 x 1.8 in. (113 x 73 x 46 mm)
- Street Price: $249.99