The Pentax Optio M60 is a stylish digital camera with enhanced functions to support a wide variety of shooting scenarios. This lightweight 10 megapixel compact camera is equipped with advanced, easy-to-operate functions.
The ultra-slim M60 sells only for just £100 and for this price you get excellent build quality, great handling, a wonderfully easy-to-use interface and some fun features. Being a cheap snapshot camera, it performs as such: under good lighting it can take a perfectly acceptable photo most of the time.
But the major weak point is the lens quality. It has areas of significant chromatic aberration over large areas of the image, and very bad corner blurring, especially at wide angle. In other respects it not that bad – images are usable up to ISO1600, but it’s better not to ask too much and stop at ISO200. Then you’ll enjoy nice images with good colour reproduction.
1. Advanced Auto Picture mode that lets the camera automatically select the optimal scene mode - from a total of 8 scenes - when pointed at the subject.
2. High-speed Face Recognition function takes only 0.03 seconds to detected at once as many as 32 faces. Smile Capture and Blinking Detection functions are also included.
4. Apart from its optical 5X zoom lens the Optio M60 also features an Intelligent Zoom function that extends the zoom range without compromising the optical zoom’s image quality – up to 28.5X.
5. High sensitivity Digital SR (shake reduction) mode that reduces camera shake and subject blurring by moving to a higher ISO level to permit the faster shutter speed.
6. Digital Wide mode that merges two shots into one image in the camera, for ultra wide-angle expressions equivalent to a focal length of approximately 28mm in 35mm format
7. Frame composite function allows photographers to shoot and create images with decorative frames; there are 80 built-in styles to choose from
The Pentax Optio M60 - Specifications:
- Sensor Size: 1/2.3″
- 10 MP Resolution
- Digital stabilization only
- Lens 5x zoom
- Focal Length Equivalent: 36-180mm
- Aperture Range: F3.5(W)/4.4(T) – F8
- Manual focus
- 24 Scene modes
- Metering: Multi-segment metering, Center Weighted, Spot
- Sensitivity: Auto, 64 - 6400
- Shutter speed: 4 - 1/2000 sec
- High speed continuous shooting: 2.5 fps up to5 images
- 2.5″ LCD monitor
- No Viewfinder
- 37 MB Internal Memory