Panasonic announces the new DMC-FX700 digital camera that boasts a lot of advanced features housed into a slim and stylish body. The camera spots 14-megapixels MOS sensor, 3.0-inch large touch screen, 5x optical zoon, Full HD movie shooting and an array of intelligent features as well as full manual controls.
The camera’s lens offers 24mm wide angle of view and is stabilized with the help of Power O.I.S. lens-shift stabilization to avoid blurry images in low light. Furthermore, the camera uses Intelligent ISO control function to prevent blur caused by subject movement.
The FX700 incorporates the fast Venus Engine FHD image processor and hence benefits from Panasonic Intelligent Resolution technology, which means finer detail, softer tonal gradation and better noise reduction. The new engine allows for high-speed shooting as well – you can take up to 60 images per second in a burst mode.
The camera’s Intelligent Auto mode employs all possible functions to make your photos perfect, namely POWER O.I.S., Face Detection, Intelligent Exposure and Intelligent Scene Selector. The latter chooses from Normal, Portrait, Macro, Scenery, and Low Light modes and applies the one that matches your shooting conditions.
Face detection and recognition function allows optimizing exposure and focus for faces detected in a frame while AF Tracking function helps keeping moving subjects in focus (you can set a target by simple tough of a finger!).
There’s also a number of pre-set scene modes in the camera’s SCN mode and full manual controls hidden in Manual, Aperture and Shutter priority modes.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX700 - Specifications:
- 1/2.33″ Type MOS Image Sensor
- 14.1 Megapixels
- Aspect ratio: 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Focal Length Equivalent: 24 - 120mm
- Aperture Range: F2.2 - F5.9
- Power O.I.S Lens-Shift Stabilization
- 3.0″ TFT LCD Display with 230K dots
- AF area modes: Face / AF tracking, 11-point, 1-point, Spot
- Macro Mode: 3 cm
- Metering: Intelligent Multiple
- Sensitivity: ISO100-6400
- Exposure bracketing
- Shutter Speed: 60-1/2000 sec
- Shooting Mode: Intelligent AUTO, P (Program), A (Aperture Priority), S (Shutter Priority), M (Manual)
- 29 Scene Modes
- Continuous Shooting: up to 60 frames/sec
- Movie Mode: AVCHD 1980 x 1080 (FSH: 17Mbps / FH:13Mbps)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards
- 40MB Internal Memory
- Included Software: PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.2 HD Edition