The Sigma SD15 digital SLR camera was announced again after its first mentioning at Photokina Show in 2008. It features the 14 megapixel sensor, “TRUE II” image processing engine, 3-inch LCD screen and 3fps continuous shooting.
The camera’s Foveon X3® SMOS image sensor captures full information of light with a three-dimensional feeling for accurate true-to-life color reproduction while the TRUE II image processing engine improves the processing speed and overall image quality. The SD15 can shoot at 3fps and capture up to 21 RAW Images in a single burst.
There are two motor systems for lowering the vibration of the mirror movement, which prevent camera shake and thus image blur. The system is further enhanced by mirror lock-up mechanism preventing vibration when the shutter is released.
The SD15 offers full manual controls alongside with intuitive user interface. It also has Auto Bracketing function with value set in 1/3EV increments up to ±3EV(3 stops)/±1.7EV(5 stops), ISO range from 50 to 3200, 5 focusing points for the camera’s AF and fours light metering modes.
The camera is equipped with the Backlight top LCD panel for quick check of camera information and the Dust Protector preventing dust from entering the body.
The SD15 features its own built-in flash with guide number 11 and 17mm angle of coverage. It can be synchronized to a shutter speed up to 1/180 sec and incorporates the S-TTL automatic exposure. The camera is also compatible with a wide range of optional accessories from Sigma.
The camera ships with SIGMA Photo Pro 4.0 sotfware for quick RAW file conversion and accurate niose reduction.
SigmaSD15 – Specifications:
- 14 Mp Foveon X3 CMOS Sensor
- Sensor size: 0.98 in. Diagonal
- File Format: 12-bit RAW (.X3F), JPEG (EXIF 2.21)
- Maximum Image Size: 2640 x 1760 (4.6Mp)
- SLR type Eye-level Pentaprism Viewfinder
- 3.0 in. LCD Screen with 460,000 dots
- Focusing System: 5-Point Phase-Difference Detection
- Manual Focus Possible
- Sensitivity: ISO50-3200
- Shutter Speed: 30 - 1/4000 sec
- Exposure Modes: Aperture, Shutter, Manual
- Metering Modes: 77-segment Evaluative, Cen er Weighted Average, Center Area, Spot
- True II Processor
- Continuous Shooting: 3.0 fps for 21 frames
- Internal Flash: Guide Number 11
- SD, SDHC Memory Cards
- Sigma Photo Pro 4.0 Software
- Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Remote Control: RS-31 Wireless, CR-21 Wired