Ricoh G700 is a 12-megapixel camera with waterproof, shockproof and dustproof features. It spots 5x optical zoom, 3-inch 920,000-dot LCD screen with automatic brightness adjustment and numerous pre-set creative options.
The lens features 28mm wide angle of view yet it not very bright - it offers only f/3.5 aperture value when zoomed out. There’s only Digital image stabilization in the camera, which means raising ISO level in unfavorable lighting conditions. On the positive side, you can attach an optional wide conversion lens to a build-in one and enjoy 22mm angle of view.
The camera’s body can withstand falls from 2.0 m even with the power on. The camera can be used in the rain as well as for underwater shooting - down to 5 meters for up to 2 hours. The camera can also ensure dust and sand and operate in sub-freezing temperatures. In addition, the buttons are optimized for shooting with gloves on.
The G700 offers point-and-shoot operation ideal for those who prefer to rely on the camera’s “brains” and deal with the composition of the shots only and still get quality images. There’re also some pre-set creative functions like High Sensitivity, Firefighting, Skew Correct, Text, Zoom Macro where Skew correction mode gives your photos the feel that they were shot directly. It is useful when photographing message boards and display panels, as they are not distorted and readable in the final image.
The camera offers 103Mb of internal memory and a lot of enhanced security and file management functions for your images. It is possible to connect the camera directly to a printer without using a PC.
Ricoh G700 - Specifications:
- 1/2.3″ CCD Image Sensor
- 12.10 Megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3, 3:2
- 3.0 in. LCD Monitor with 920,000 dots
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Digital Image Stabilization
- Focal Length Equivalent: 28 - 140mm
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 (wide) - f/5.5 (tele)
- Focusing: AF (multi / spot), MF
- Macro: 0.4″ / 1 cm
- Metering: 256-segment multi, center-weighted, spot
- Sensitivity: ISO 64 - 3200
- Shutter Speed: 8 - 1/1500 sec
- Exposure Modes: Program
- Creative Scene Modes: High Sensitivity, Firefighting, Skew Correct, Text, Zoom Macro, Movie
- 103MB Built-In Memory
- SD, SDHC, MMC Memory Cards
- Power Source: 2 x AAA Batteries
- Shockproof: up to 2.0 m drop
- Waterproof: down to 5.0 m