A number of firmware updates has been recently released by various manufacturers. They improve some of the cameras’ functions and enhance operability, some however include minor changes.
As to Olympus FE series firmware update 1.1 (FE-45, FE-25, FE-35), the changes are not dramatic at all. In the FE-45 and FE-35 the compatibility of NiMH batteries was improved and in the FE-25 low battery indicator has been adjusted.
- The volume during playback increased
- The coloring of images shot with UNDERWATER WIDE 1, UNDERWATER WIDE 2, and UNDERWATER MACRO was improved
- Supports the AF assist beam feature of the new flash, Speedlite 270 EX, which is scheduled to be released in April 2009
- Changes the error indications that are displayed on the camera
- Addresses the vertical banding noise phenomenon
Canon EOS REBEL XSi / 450D Firmware Update Version 1.1.0 - supports the AF assist beam features of the new flash, Speedlite 270 EX, which is scheduled to be released in April 2009
Canon EOS REBEL XS / 1000D Firmware Update Version 1.0.5 - supports the AF assist beam feature of the new flash, Speedlite 270 EX, which is scheduled to be released in April 2009
Casio has released the V1.02 update for the Z100 and Z200 digital cameras. It fixes a problem that causes the wrong month to appear initially when the calendar screen is displayed. In case you missed or did not apply the previous Casio Z100 or Z200 firmware update, you will get V1.00 firmware update version, which corrects on-screen text in certain geographic regions. (Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional)
Ricoh updates their CX1, a compact camera with HDR shooting. Version 1.16 has corrected a part of the information on a file in the MPO / JPEG format to comply with the Multi-Picture Format and fixed the following bugs:
- If you take pictures with M-Cont. Plus, an MP file may be recorded with missing a partial frame(s).
- In Focus Bracketing, a self-timer feature may not work properly.