Casio introduces the new Casio Exilim Z100 just in time for Spring. The Casio Exilim EX-Z100, while naturally offering significant enhancements in function and performance, focuses on style with a new body shape that keeps height to a minimum and exudes a sense of premium design quality. With its newly developed lens, the Casio Z100 camera gives users the freedom to enjoy a range of different photo styles, from wide angle to telephoto. The Casio Exilim EX-Z100 includes a highly visible Super Clear LCD as well as Casio’s AUTO BEST SHOT scene recognition function that automatically chooses an appropriate shooting mode.
The new Casio Z100 also features the Auto Shutter function, which enables users to take the picture just at the moment of a lovely smile or at the instant that hand shake ceases. Using Auto Shutter, the camera automatically detects the right moment and takes the photo. “We are continuously developing new features that take advantage of digital technology, and we introduced the Snap Video mode on our digital cameras. By using Apple’s superior video technology we believe people will find more ways to enjoy Snap Video,” said Susumu Takashima, a managing director and head of digital camera development at Casio Computer Co., Ltd.
The high resolution, 10.1 Megapixel Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z100 features an EXILIM series first - a 4x optical zoom lens that can shoot as wide as 28 mm (equivalent). Also, in addition to the usual recognition technologies, the intelligence of these cameras has been enhanced. They incorporate automatic scene differentiation and allow the shutter to be released automatically, thanks to Casio’s commitment to keep improving the convenience offered by digital cameras.
The Casio Z100 allows zoom photography between 28 mm and 112 mm (35 mm film camera equivalent). This increases photographic enjoyment, from wide angle photography suitable for capturing large subjects or shooting up close in small spaces, right through to telephoto work. The new thinner, smaller body of the Casio Exilim EX-Z100 was made possible without sacrificing high resolution image quality using a newly developed 1/2.3 inch CCD.
* 10.1 effective Megapixel CCD
* F2.6-5.8, 4X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 28 - 112 mm
* Ultra-compact metal body comes in blue, red, pink, and silver colors
* 2.7″ LCD display with 230k pixels
* Point-and-shoot operation, tons of Best Shot (scene) modes
* Auto Shutter feature waits until your subject is smiling or camera shake stops before taking a photo
* Flash continuous shutter mode takes three flash photos in rapid succession
* Records movies at 848 x 480 or 640 x 480 at 30 fps using H.264 codec; dedicated movie recording button
* Unknown amount of built-in memory + SD/SDHC/MMC/MMCplus card slot
* Uses NP-40 li-ion battery; battery life numbers not available
* USB 2.0 High Speed supported
* Ships in March for $279
Discuss this news & share your opinion on our PHOTO FORUM.
||Discover unbeatable deals for Casio Exilim EX-Z100 on Amazon.com|
||Discover astonishing deals for Casio Exilim EX-Z100 on eBay.com|