Panasonic announced a new addition to its slim and stylish FX series, the FX66 (aka FX68 outside the U.S). It features 14 megapixels of resolution, 2.7-inch LCD screen and HD movie capture.
The camera uses 25 mm ultra wide-angle lens with 5x optical zoom that can be further extended to 6.5 x equivalents with the Intelligent Zoom function. It is also equipped with optical (lens-shift) image stabilizer to minimize blurring caused by camera shake.
The FX66 features the “Intelligent Resolution” technology which is is incorporated in the Venus Engine VI. This technology is integrated in iA(Intelligent Auto) mode that automatically chooses the best automatic setting to match shooting conditions. The engine also allows for fast performance and short start-up time.
The iA mode combines AF Tracking, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent ISO Control and Intelligent Exposure for you to enjoy clear, beautiful images captures with ease. t is also possible to choose from 25 scene modes manually.
Face detection makes it even easier to capture great portraits while the new Cosmetic mode allows to take portraits with favored skin color(soft skin, natural skin, summer look), which will enhance your creativity and make the faces looking smoother and more beautiful.
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FX66 aka FX68 – Specifications:
- 1/2.33″ CCD Sensor
- 14.1 Megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3, 3:2, 16:9
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Focal Length Equivalent: 25 -125mm
- Aperture Range: F2.8 (W)- 5.9 (T)
- Power O.I.S Lens-Shift Stabilization
- AF area modes: Face / AF tracking, 11-point, 1-point high speed, 1-point, Spot
- AF assist lamp Yes
- Macro Focus: 3 cm
- Sensitivity: ISO 80-6400
- Shutter Speed: 60-1/2000 sec
- Intelligent AUTO Mode
- 24 Scene modes
- Continuous Shooting: 1.8 frames/sec
- High-speed Burst Mode: up to 10 frames/sec
- 2.7″ TFT LCD Display with 230K dots
- Movie clips: 1280×720 pixels @ 30 fps
- SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- 40MB Internal Memory