The new flagship of the Four Thirds Standard-based Olympus E-System. The E-3 gives photographers a high-performance tool that is primed for any assignment and satisfies the most stringent demands for D-SLR photography. It represents the ultimate choice for the professional photographer and provides the highest levels of speed and image quality as well as Live View capabilities and the ultimate in reliability.
The E-3 features the world’s fastest auto-focusing speeds thanks to an advanced AF system and new ZUIKO DIGITAL SWD (Supersonic Wave Drive) lenses. Matched with shutter speeds of up to 1/8000th sec. and 5fps sequential shooting (with a 19 image RAW buffer in burst mode), the E-3 gives photographers a crucial edge to help capture that decisive shot.
Ensuring the best image quality in the widest range of situations, this new professional model also incorporates a powerful built-in image stabilisation system which is capable of compensating against the effects of camera shake to the equivalent of up to 5 EV steps. This is complemented by a 10 Megapixel High Speed Live MOS sensor and Olympus’ TruePic III image processing engine. Together with the ZUIKO DIGITAL lenses – which are custom-made for the needs of D-SLR photography – photographers can rely on optimal results each time.
• 10.1 effective Megapixel Live MOS sensor (may be the same one as on the Panasonic DMC-L10)
• FourThirds lens mount, with 2X focal length conversion ratio
• Sensor-shift image stabilization; Olympus says it can give you a five stop advantage
• World’s fastest autofocus (according to Olympus — when paired with the new SWD F2.8-4.0, 12 - 60 mm lens) thanks to new dual 11-point biaxial cross-type AF system
• Enormous optical viewfinder with 1.15x magnification and 100% field-of-view display
• Weather-sealed magnesium alloy body; durable shutter lasts for 150,000 cycles; Supersonic Wave Filter removes dust from the sensor
• Can shoot as fast as 5 frames/second for up to 16 RAW or an unlimited number of JPEGs
• Full manual controls and RAW image support (obviously)
• Built-in flash + hot shoe; can control up to three groups of wireless flashes straight out of the box
• Dual memory card slots: xD + CompactFlash Type II (with UMDA support)
• Uses the BLM-1 lithium-ion battery; 610 shots per charge (with live view off)
• USB 2.0 High Speed support
Discuss this news & share your opinion on our PHOTO FORUM.
Related Posts:Olympus FE-115 digital camera
Olympus Stylus 720SW
More news:Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Digital Camera with a Built-in Projector
Ricoh G700 Waterproof Digital Compact Camera
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120MM F/4G ED VR Standard Zoom Lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G Bright Lens
Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens
Canon SX130 IS Long-Zoom Digital Camera with Manual Controls
Nikon Coolpix S5100 Point-and-Shoot Digital Camera
KODAK EasyShare M590 Ultra Thin Point-and-Shoot
Nikon D3100 User-Friendly DSLR Camera