Autos are an interesting subject for shooting, but there is not mach information online on this topic. We offer a mini-series of Auto Photography Articles. It includes:
In the current post, we will speak about LINES AND ANGLES in Auto Photography.
LINES frame the image and thus add completeness and often dynamics. Lines can be created by borders of the objects you photograph, by contrasting colors or by reflections.
- If we speak about car photography, there are many possibilities to use lines: bold borders of car body details, wheel disk patterns, lines of radiator enclosure and air intake or lighting technology. These all are interesting objects to shoot, you can photograph them soloing or combine them.
- Lines in motorcycles can also be very attractive to auto photographer, as they offer beautifully brittle curves, chromized details and unpredictable angles.
- Diagonal lines will add dynamics to your images, especially if they go from the left bottom corner to the right top corner.
- While vertical and horizontal lines will give a static view to your images and add monumentality.
One of the most powerful techniques used by photographers to add variety to their pictures is shooting from different angles.
- A creative approach to this technique in auto photography brings a completely new and unexpected meaning to your photos. But remember that shooting without any idea in your mind gives you very little chance to create an outstanding photo that renders the message.
That is why it is recommended to have a general idea about what you want to get before you start shooting.
Then you can apply any technique to achieve your aim, and shooting from various angles may give very interesting results.
- There is no point to give any concrete tips about this technique, because first, all cars differ; second, each person sees one and the same car in his/her own way.
When you shoot an auto, remember that it is not only a means of transport, but also a beautiful object, a piece of art in some cases.
Then you have a chance to achieve some good results.
- Before you start setting your camera, look at the car from different focus points and from different angles (you can look in the viewfinder if it helps): from above, from below, concentrate on small details and then take a вЂњwide lookвЂќ of the whole car.
Try to find familiar objects or silhouettes of people in the curves and reflections of the auto.Shooting from one angle may give the view of a wild animal, shooting from another angle will give the car the view of a human body. Look for unusual details and design and you are sure to succeed.
Related Posts:Photography Lighting Techniques
Photo Books: Photography 101
How To Shoot Still Life Photography
More news:Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Digital Camera with a Built-in Projector
Ricoh G700 Waterproof Digital Compact Camera
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120MM F/4G ED VR Standard Zoom Lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G Bright Lens
Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens
Canon SX130 IS Long-Zoom Digital Camera with Manual Controls
Nikon Coolpix S5100 Point-and-Shoot Digital Camera
KODAK EasyShare M590 Ultra Thin Point-and-Shoot
Nikon D3100 User-Friendly DSLR Camera