August 31st, 2010
Nikon COOLPIX S1100pj is the second camera from the company to feature a built-in projector. It succeeds the S1000pj previous model and features 14.1 megapixel sensor, 5x optical zoom and 3-inch touch LCD screen.
The camera incorporates the EXPEED C2 image processing system to deliver clear images with true-to-life colors, improved tonal rendition and low level of noise for both movies and stills.
The S1100pj is a point-and-shoot in its essence. It offer an Easy Auto mode for trouble free shooting while its Smart Portrait System including Face, Smile and Blink detection helps you capture bright and focused portraits of your friends and family.
The camera has an array of blur reduction techniques. First and foremost, it employs lens-shift VR (Vibration Reduction) function that combats noise without degrading picture quality. There’re also high sensitivity with low noise and Motion Detection functions, as well as a new flash control system. The camera also has some creative color and style effects such as Fisheye, Color Highlighting, Background Softening, and Paint Function.
As to the projector itself, it is 40% brighter than that of its predecessor and offers a unique way of photo and video sharing without the need to connect to a computer.
Nikon Coolpix S1100pj - Specifications:
- 1/2.3″ Type CCD Sensor
- 14.1 Megapixels
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Focal Length Equivalent: 28-140mm
- Aperture Range: f/3.9 - f/5.8
- Lens-shift Optical Image Stabilization
- 3.0-in TFT LCD with 460,000 dots
- Macro Mode: 3cm
- Sensitivity: ISO 80-6400
- Easy Mode
- Smart Portrait System
- Motion Detection
- Movie Mode: 1,280 x 720/30 fps
- SD / SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards
- 79MB Internal Memory
- Dimensions: 101 x 62.7 x 24 mm/4 x 2.5 x 1.0 in.
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Body Colors: Black, Green
- Brightness: up to 14 lumens
- Image Size: 5 to 47 in.
- Throw distance: 26cm to 2.4m (10 in. to 6 ft. 6 in.)
- Battery life: approx. 1 hour
- Output Resolution: VGA equivalent
August 31st, 2010
Ricoh G700 is a 12-megapixel camera with waterproof, shockproof and dustproof features. It spots 5x optical zoom, 3-inch 920,000-dot LCD screen with automatic brightness adjustment and numerous pre-set creative options.
The lens features 28mm wide angle of view yet it not very bright - it offers only f/3.5 aperture value when zoomed out. There’s only Digital image stabilization in the camera, which means raising ISO level in unfavorable lighting conditions. On the positive side, you can attach an optional wide conversion lens to a build-in one and enjoy 22mm angle of view.
The camera’s body can withstand falls from 2.0 m even with the power on. The camera can be used in the rain as well as for underwater shooting - down to 5 meters for up to 2 hours. The camera can also ensure dust and sand and operate in sub-freezing temperatures. In addition, the buttons are optimized for shooting with gloves on.
The G700 offers point-and-shoot operation ideal for those who prefer to rely on the camera’s “brains” and deal with the composition of the shots only and still get quality images. There’re also some pre-set creative functions like High Sensitivity, Firefighting, Skew Correct, Text, Zoom Macro where Skew correction mode gives your photos the feel that they were shot directly. It is useful when photographing message boards and display panels, as they are not distorted and readable in the final image.
The camera offers 103Mb of internal memory and a lot of enhanced security and file management functions for your images. It is possible to connect the camera directly to a printer without using a PC.
Ricoh G700 - Specifications:
- 1/2.3″ CCD Image Sensor
- 12.10 Megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3, 3:2
- 3.0 in. LCD Monitor with 920,000 dots
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Digital Image Stabilization
- Focal Length Equivalent: 28 - 140mm
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 (wide) - f/5.5 (tele)
- Focusing: AF (multi / spot), MF
- Macro: 0.4″ / 1 cm
- Metering: 256-segment multi, center-weighted, spot
- Sensitivity: ISO 64 - 3200
- Shutter Speed: 8 - 1/1500 sec
- Exposure Modes: Program
- Creative Scene Modes: High Sensitivity, Firefighting, Skew Correct, Text, Zoom Macro, Movie
- 103MB Built-In Memory
- SD, SDHC, MMC Memory Cards
- Power Source: 2 x AAA Batteries
- Shockproof: up to 2.0 m drop
- Waterproof: down to 5.0 m
August 29th, 2010
Canon announces the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM lens to extend its well-known L-series professional lens line up. It is described as a high-performance telephoto zoom lens for both pro and amateur photographers.
The quality performance is ensured by the inclusion of two UD elements (ultra-low dispersion) and a floating lens group into the lens’s optical construction. They help avoid chromatic aberration while the Super Spectra coatings minimizes flare and ghost.
The lens benefits from Canon proprietary Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) technology that prevents from blurring when shooting at shutter speeds 4 stops slower than it would be otherwise possible and thus helps achieve sharp images in unfavorable lighting conditions.
A circular aperture comprised of 8 diaphragm blades delivers a pleasant effect of bokeh, which is a subject-background separation by blurring background areas.
Autofocus is driven by to a ring-type USM AF motor that shows quiet yet fast operation. It provides for precise focusing as well thanks to an independent lens CPU. The lens also provides for a full time manual focus override in AF mode.
The lens’s build quality is worth mentioning. The body is protected from environmental influence while its Fluorine Coating makes it easier to clean the lens.
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM - Specifications:
- Focal Length: 70-300mm
- Diagonal Angle of View (FF): 34Вє - 8Вє 15′
- Maximum Aperture: F4-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: F32-45
- Lens Construction: 19 Elements in 14 Groups
- Rounded Aperture: 8 Diaphragm Blades
- Minimum Focus: 1.2m
- Maximum Magnification: 0.21x at 300mm
- Ring-type Ultrasonic AF Motor
- Four-Stop Image Stabilization
- Filter Thread: 67mm
- Supplied Accessories: Front and Rear Caps, ET-73B Hood, LP1424 Lens Case
- Optional WII Tripod Mount
- Weight: 1050 g
- Diameter x Length: 89 mm x 143 mm
- Lens Mount: Canon EF